Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Athletes + Motorcycles = Not a great idea

We can now add Lavar Arrington to the list of athletes who have crashed their motorcycles. This is probably cold of me but I would've cared a lot more if the Giants hadn't already cut him after he basically missed all season. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hope the guy is OK and can play again but it's his own damn fault. Drive around in a nice Bentley or something.

The worst accident is Jay Williams who suffered career ending injuries when he crashed his bike. He was also violating his contract which stated he was not allowed to own or ride a motorcycle. He is lucky the Bulls were nice enough to buy out his contract for a few million. He attempted a comeback last season which fell short so he might have to put that Duke education to use and get a real job.

Ben Roethlisberger (I spelled that without looking it up and I want credit for it) crashed his motorcycle last off season. The moron doesn't have a motorcycle license and decided not to wear a helmet, which is a great combo.

There's more but you get the point.

No comments: